Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Long Hair, Don't Care.

I saw that the College Prepster was posting about wearing braids in the summertime to keep your hair from weighing you down. I don't always read the College Prepster {I'm just never hopped onto that train yet}, but she's definitely right. It's been getting really hot here and keeping my hair up is a must. But, also wearing my natural hair is what I have been doing. So today I wanted to share with you my must have hair products for the summertime. There's really only a few, but I don't want my hair getting weighed down in the summertime!


This is the Matrix Active Setting Spray. This is actually supposed to be a heat protectant, but I find that it's a little too stick to serve it's purpose. Instead, I repurposed it to be a light hairspray. I just take this and spritz it onto a rat tail comb and then comb any little flyaways or frizz that I have on my hair. I find that this works very well and doesn't leave my hair with a hard residue like hairspray does.


The other product I use is this leave in conditioner. This stuff makes my hair feel so soft and smooth and this is the best smelling product I've used like ever. Plus it helps to keep your hair soft to the touch even after soaking it in chlorine all day when swimming. 

xoxo, Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today and this was of course the first post I saw and let me just tell you, you are a lifesaver! My hair is super long and is getting dried out and heavy and I have been seriously contemplating cutting it off, even though I love love love long hair. This post is awesome and these will totally help. Thanks!

    xx
    Meghan
    thepr3ppyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...