Friday, July 26, 2013

Mid-Year Goals

First of all, happy Friday! I'm back from badminton camp! The camp was absolutely a ton of fun and was definitely the best camp I've ever been to. Expect a recap video of my camp experience up soon! Anyways, getting back on track with my posts, I wanted to share with you guys my mid-year goals. I know that it's more than half-way through the year, but I still thought it would be good for me to set some goals. During the school-year, each month I set goals for myself and posted them in the Notes section of my Lilly planner. So here are my goals at the moment for mid-year. If you guys like these let me know so that I could do them monthly if you want to see that!

Buy Good Quality Products
I find that I often buy crappy items that are cheap because I'm weird about spending a lot of money on something. But I've really realized something. If it's a lot of money, it's usually worth the money. Take my camera for example, it was very expensive (around $600), but works stunningly well. If I spend my money on good quality products I'll be wasting less money. 

Stop Complaining
I complain so much, and I hate it. People always tell me I complain a lot, but it's so difficult to stop. I've been trying really hard to be appreciative of everything that I have and appreciating my life as a whole. Because honestly, I have a great life. I have been really trying to make the best of every situation and not complain and have a great time always. 

Be Kind To People
Okay, this is actually something  I need to work on. I make fun of people (like my friends) as a joke, and usually it's funny, but I think that it's been pretty bad. I think that I should just be a nicer person in general because it'll pay off in the long run. 

Work Hard To Get Where You Want
I always dream, but I really want to turn my dreams into reality. People always say, if you love what you do then it's not really work. This is absolutely true! I wish that my job was to be a blogger because I love blogging so much! I always enjoy writing all of my posts and get so excited when I see that people are reading it and commenting on it. But, to eventually be a writer, I need to study hard, get good grades, get into a good college, and get fabulous grades in college. This sounds like a lot to do in only 3 years now, but if you break it down it's not too bad. Plus, there are friends and family to help you along the way. 

Live Like You're Going To Die
I think that the quote above is very strong. Honestly, what would you do if you knew you were going to die tomorrow? I always try to be adventurous, but also think that this means showing other people that you care. To me this is being kind and good to your friends so that if you did die, they knew that you really did appreciate them being your friend. 

Comment your goals if you have any!

xoxo, Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of goal setting! I don't have any at the moment, but I may have to work up a list of my own! This post was super inspiring and really got me thinking! I feel you on the complaining one though..I'm horrible about it too! Great post Katelyn:)

    XOXO,
    Caroline
    vaisforlillylovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...