Friday, July 12, 2013

Thrift Shop Finds

So the other day my friend Jane and I went thrifting at a local thrift store. I was happily surprised with some of the great finds that I had! The thrift store we went to is pretty small, but is pretty easy to find some cool things. Plus, all the proceeds go to charity so that is just a bonus! Anyways, here is what I found!


So the first thing I found was this tie from J.Crew. Now I know what you're thinking, what are you going to do with this random tie. I know I won't be wearing it, but I was thinking about taking the seams out to get the fabric flat and then turning it into a bracelet. Plus, the tie was only $2 so if it doesn't work out I haven't wasted a lot of money on an attempted DIY. Leave a comment below if you want to see a tutorial on this!


The next thing I found was this pink Brooks Brothers sweater. The sweater is a little big, but who cares! Sweaters are supposed to be comfy, right? I thought this was such a steal because it was only $15, and it's real Brooks Brothers. The fabric is really high quality and this was an offer I couldn't turn down!


My favorite thing I found was this Stanford sweatshirt. I already own 2 Yale sweatshirts, but who can go wrong with a Stanford one! This is so comfy and is the same brand as one of my Yale ones (Champion) and it fits perfectly! It's perfectly a little baggy and so comfortable! It was only $11.25 so it really can't be beat!


The last thing I found was this really random Florida t-shirt. It's my favorite color (Tiffany blue, but it doesn't appear that way in the photo), so I really couldn't resist. Plus, I think it's kind of fun having really random t-shirts to wear sometimes. It was super low cost at only $3 so how could I refuse?

Now, obviously Jane and I couldn't help but take my new camera along with us and document some of this fun thrifting. And how fitting is the song Thrift Shop! So we made our own fun music video! Check it out below!

Thrift Shop Video!

For some strange reason it won't let me embed the video and I'm not sure why, but just please check out the link because it is amazing!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...