Saturday, May 4, 2013

Preppy Lifestyle

To me, being preppy isn't just a fashion, it's a way of life. So I thought I'd share with all of you out there some of my favorite preppy things to wear, do and live by. Happy reading!

Preppy Essentials (Top 5):
1. Oxford Button Downs
These shirts are so classic to the preppy style. The preppy look uses articles of clothing that are timeless, and that don't go out of fashion from just a season. 
2. Sperry's
These fall under the more nautical category, but nautical is a branch of preppy to me! Sperry's are the comfiest shoes ever and they match with so many different outfits. If you are looking to buy your first pair, go with a more neutral color like the classic tan or even navy. But, if you are purchasing more pairs just for fun, look for the bright colors that are perfect for this spring season and even brightening up the winter. 
3. Lilly
Lilly Pulitzer is the must have preppy brand. Although I do not own many things from Lilly, I still consider myself preppy because obviously I would own everything Lilly Pulitzer if I could. Start by purchasing something simple like a phone case or an agenda to warm yourself up to the bold prints. 
4. Brights
Flaming colors are always on trend for preppy girls. Look for clothes with bright, fun colors! 
5. Live the preppy life!
Strut your stuff with those preppy clothes. You have to be confident in yourself and own your style. There aren't that many people at my school that dress preppy, but that doesn't stop me! I like it that I wear things that are different from what the common "hipster" look is at my school. Always be preppy proud!

Preppy Life:

-Always be well dressed no matter what the occasion. People will always give you props for looking your finest. 
-Classy girls wear pearls so always have those somewhere in your outfit. 
-Pick a signature item for yourself (for me it's a pearl bracelet on the left hand) that you never leave home without. This will always finish of your look and give your preppy style that signature touch. 
-Never forget to smile. Preppy girls, are happy girls and should always show it. 

Preppy Quotes: 
To finish off this post I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite quotes just regarding the preppy lifestyle. These quotes inspire me in my fashion, personality and overall outlook on life. 

A smooth sea never made for a skillful sailor 
-Unknown

Life is a party, dress like it!
-Lilly Pulitzer

Happy girls are the prettiest.
-Audrey Hepburn

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness didn't know where to shop.
-Blair Waldorf

XOXO, Kate

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...