Saturday, May 11, 2013

Summer's Coming!

With today being a rather chill Saturday, I decided to post about school ending, summer approaching. I have been waiting for summer since really the end of last summer. To me, summer is a time to relax, when there is not much on the schedule. Some people enjoy to busy themselves over the summer with dense schedules, but I on the other end, enjoy hanging poolside with friends or going out and doing fun things with buds. To update you on what I'm doing this summer I thought I'd lay it out to you. Here is a list and descriptions of some of the things I'm looking forward to doing this summer! Happy reading!

1. Badminton Camp
I'm so excited to be heading to badminton camp at a college that my parents went to. I just started to play badminton this year and am in love with the sport. I will be rooming with my friend Paige at this camp. She and I are both so pumped to be worked very hard, but also have a ton of fun and hopefully develop a lot of new skills. 

2. Dance Camp
I'm going to camp twice this summer, once for each of the sports that I do at school. I'm on my school's drill team, which is really the poms squad. Many of the girls from my team are also attending this camp and I think it will be really exciting. I'm looking forward to furthering my dance technique and better getting to know my teammates. 

3. Cedar Point
Paige's dad has been telling us he will take us to Cedar Point for 2 years now, so this year we are finally going to go. It's not official, but the ground work is already laid out so most likely we will be going. I'm nervous for this, but I'm super excited! I can't wait to check out all of the awesome rides with my bestie!

4. Lakehouses!
One of my best friends Jane has an adorable cottage out in Michigan and I'm hoping she'll invite me out sometime during the summer (hint, hint!). Also, I went to my friend Riley's lakehouse last summer and it was the highlight of my summer! It was so much fun and I doubt that we will go again this summer, but I'm staying hopeful!

5. Downtown Chicago
One of my favorite things about the summer is that there is no schedule so I can usually just relax and do what I want. That means that I can jump on the train with a few of my friends and head for a fun day downtown. Our favorite things to do are to go shopping on Michigan Avenue and Watertower, eat at FoodLife #yum, and go to Navy Pier and the beach. 

I hope you enjoyed reading about a look into my uber chill summer. I really never plan that much in the summer because I like to just play it by year. But some structure is necessary otherwise I guarantee I'd spend my whole summer doing nothing. 

XOXO, Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...