Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Craving for Fitness

For some reason, recently I've been very into being fit! Here are my favorite things that I do for a workout, eating healthy and just living a healthy life.

Workouts

-Running: I usually go running earlier in the morning and I don't run all that far. I really just kind of run around my town and take some walking breaks because seriously I'm a horrible runner. I can dance for hours, but running is just not my thing. But running helps with literally every sport, so I've been trying to get more into it. 

-Playing Tennis: I am actually terrible at tennis, but I like getting together with my friends and going to the courts in our town and just hitting around. It's fun because we usually just talk while we play so it's nice to catch up while staying active at the same time.

-Squats: When I come home from running in the morning I like to do some squats just to stay toned. I usually do only about 20, but it all adds up if you do them once a day.

-Ab Workouts: I love working my abs and I like to do crunches to music and then when the chorus comes I like doing v-holds which also work my core. 

Eating Healthy

-I downloaded a new app called My Fitness Pal that helps me to plan accordingly what I can eat so that I eat a certain amount of food for my body and maintain my health/weight. 

-Proportions have been my new thing. I've been really paying attention to what the serving size of something is and trying to eat that and then if I'm still hungry, eat something else.

-Healthy foods! I've been eating a lot more healthy things for my meals/snacks. Some of my favorites include: 

-peanut butter and banana
-almonds
-yogurt (greek especially)
-strawberries
-apples
-cheese (like string or just shredded)
-peas (they're actually good frozen)
-edamame

Thanks so much for reading. Comment your favorite ways to stay fit and healthy!

xoxo, Katelyn  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...