Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here We Go Again

I'm officially back to school. School actually started yesterday and let's just say I strongly wasn't looking forward to it. I really just hate school in general, but this year my classes seem pretty interesting. Here's what I'm taking and a brief summary. 

History of Chicago
I think this class will be super interesting, plus we get to go on two field trips to the city so that's just a bonus!

Spanish
This is a required class, but we use iPads every day in this class now which seems pretty cool. We used iPads in eighth grade {like they gave us one to keep for the whole year} so I mean I've used them for school before. 

English A/J
I'm super excited for this class. It is an English class more geared towards journalism which is so relevant to me. I love writing {if you can't tell} and I think this class will definitely benefit my writing and help my blog posts be better too!

Clothing Construction & Design
I'm so excited for this class! It is basically a sewing class and we get to make our own clothes which I think will be so much fun! Plus, if you fly through all of the required projects you can just make whatever you want!

Chemistry
This is just a required class, but my teacher reminds me a lot of Dan Humphrey from Gossip Girl so that is pretty cool haha.

Geometry
Obviously just a regular old math class. I'm actually terrible at math so I'm not really looking forward to this class, but whatever. Haha. 

Drivers Education
This is in place of gym for the first semester and I'm super nervous for this class. I'm already relieved though because I got my permit early so I have these first 3-4 days where I have to do nothing while all the others stress about studying for the permit test. Haha YAY ME {London Tipton, anyone?}! 

By the way did I mention that I made Varsity Drill Team! I was pretty nervous about making Varsity {since I'm only a sophomore}, but I basically know everyone and it is going to be such a fun season!

This first practice was super brutal, but one of the "assistant-ish" coaches definitely whipped us into shape. She's strict, but I like it that we get things done while she's here. She's definitely helping me improve a ton. 

Okay so here are some pics of my school supplies, which I've been loving!


My totes adorable binders! The binders are the Avery DualColor 1" binders. My Lilly print binder cover slips are made by Chloe from the Preppy Diaries


My planner is the Lilly Pulitzer planner from last year. It goes up until the end of December so I'm going to continue using this planner and hopefully get a new one for Christmas. My pencil case is a makeup case from Target {hopefully I'll get a new one I don't love this one} and I just have some random pens/pencils inside it. 


All of my notebooks are 5 Star notebooks. The purple is a three-subject and the rest are one-subject. 

Have you started school? What supplies are you using?

xx, 
katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...