Thursday, August 22, 2013

Oh, goodness.


So I just started school on Monday, and already I'm having trouble managing. I'm really not getting homework {just the beginning papers that your parents have to sign}, but it's just been stressful already. I think that the days are just extremely long. I wake up at about 6:30 {although yesterday morning was crazy and I woke up at 7:16} and then get ready and leave for school at 7:30. I go to school until 3:04 and then I head directly to drill practice. Drill goes from 3:30-5:30 {6 on Mondays}. I really didn't think this would be that hard to manage because we used to go to 5 for JV, but honestly practice just drags on. I love being on drill team, but it's such a commitment and it's every single day. But, the upside is that the performances are going to be a ton of fun!

Also, I just feel that I get no social time. I see my friends at lunch, but that's really it. When I used to have study hall it was a nice balance because I had study hall and lunch directly after. This way I was getting some work done, but in a more laid-back environment. I could also talk to my friends and then go to lunch and talk some more. But now, with classes like cray I only have lunch to be social. And then drill is right after school so I never see my friends then either. 

I think that this year is going much better than freshman year {I had a lot of issues adjusting, not sure why}, but still it's just been a little bit weird.

And I miss my old classes to be honest. I was never that good of friends with a lot of the kids in my classes last year, but they were just a familiar face. And there were multiple people that I had 2 or more classes so I was pretty familiar with them. But, now it's all new. It's a lot of new faces {which I'm excited about}, but I can't see a lot of the kids in my classes me becoming close to. But watch that change in like a month or so. Haha. 

So that's just a little update for you on my sophomore year so far!

Hope you're having a fun school year so far, or are living up those last few days of summer. 

How's your school year going so far?

xx,
katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...