Wednesday, August 14, 2013

School Smarts Part II: Clothes & Style {for the fall}

With all the bustling of back to school, shopping always comes into play. Shopping for supplies is usually first, but everyone can use a couple new back to school outfits! Today I'll be sharing with you my back to school clothing ideas for fall and how to rock your favorite style. 

My Back To School Shopping List

Jeans
 I literally have no jeans other than colored ones. I need just a classic dark wash pair of jeans {well a few pairs} to wear just on an every day basis.

Boots
I need riding boots so badly right now. Well, I need boots very badly in general. My mom got rid of my Uggs, but it was time for them to go. Now that has left me with no boots, so I think it's time to invest in a lovely pair of brown riding boots. If you have any suggestions leave a comment below!

Sweaters
A girl can always use a few more sweaters. I've been looking for ones with fun fall prints and ones with fall colors. 

Oxfords/Loafers
I love the look of oxfords, but I love loafers even better. I found the most perfect pair of J.Crew loafers, but at $258 I can't afford them. They are so adorable, but that's too much of an investment into shoes that I wouldn't really live in {I've been thinking of doing a DIY studded loafers post, let me know if you'd like to see that!}. I'd rather spend my money on a nice pair of boots or with that money Final Cut Pro X which I've been dying to purchase. 

Classic Shirts
 I absolutely love my most recent purchase from J.Crew. It is the class button down shirt in plaid. I love the colors in it and I'm loving the overall style of it. I definitely want to purchase more of these classic shirts because you can literally just throw them on with a pair of jeans and look so put together and fabulous! Gotta love them!

Now I wanted to share with you my secrets on how to rock any style!

1. Strut it. Okay, I'm not saying walk down the school hallways with a runway walk, but definitely walk with confidence! I think part of rocking a fashion is having confidence while you wear it. 

2. Mix don't match. I love this saying {although I find it hard to actually do in my outfits haha}. I think it's to add a sense of high fashion into your look by mixing patterns and prints that have similar colors going on, but don't overdo it!

3. Life's a party dress like it {Lilly Pulitzer}. This saying is by far my favorite of all time. I find this to be so true. So next time you just want to 'be comfy' at school and are about to throw on your favorite sweats, go for a cute outfit instead. Wearing a cute outfit makes me pleased with myself when I look in the mirror. I'm not saying don't have lazy days, but I think dressing up for school is totally worth it. Plus, people will really commend you for it later. Plus, who doesn't want all those compliments on what you're wearing? 

Hope you guys enjoyed my post on back to school clothes & style! 

What are you hoping to purchase for school? How do you rock your favorite style? Comment below!

P.S. I have Drill Team tryouts starting today and going through Saturday. Wish me luck! I'm really hoping to make Varsity this year, and I think I can do it if I work super hard. Let's go!

xoxo, Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at tryouts :) For my back to school list I have jeans included too! I need a new pair so bad!

    Hunter
    preponabudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend checking out TJMaxx for riding boots! I got some 2 years ago and they are still holding up pretty well, considering the price I paid for them.
    Great post!
    xoxo,
    cYa
    citrusandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...