Tuesday, August 13, 2013

School Smarts Part I: Supplies

Hey guys! So this is the first of a couple of back to school posts. Today I wanted to share with you my back to school supplies essentials. Obviously, everyone knows what the basics are for school, but I wanted to show you my personal favorites and how I strive for success through my supplies. These are the supplies that I found myself always using throughout the school year. 

Pencils & Pens:

This is pretty obvious, but you seriously need pens and pencils! I find that using the Ticonderoga pencils work best because they are fabulous quality. I like mechanical pencils, but I'm always running out of lead. For pens my favorite are Sharpie, Uni-Ball and Le Pen. Sharpie's are really just an essential for labeling all of your supplies and come in handy. Uni-Ball I find write very crisp and clean and glide on the paper. Le Pen come in so many different colors that they are perfect for taking notes and organization.

Folders:

Clearly, folders are a must for school. This is where you should splurge on nice folders because you're going to be using them all year long. Buy the more expensive durable ones because they will be sure to last all year. Also, to prevent any rips in your folders keep your folder clean of old papers from old units and store your old papers in a file cabinet at home for easy access when finals come around. 

Binders:

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of binders, but they are necessary for some classes. Always get various colors so that each binder may be determinable quickly. Also, keep your binders organized. I cannot stress this enough. I've wasted too much time cleaning out binders from classes and going through each individual paper to organize when it would have been so much easier to just keep it organized from the beginning. Use dividers to keep your binder organized and don't overstuff your binder!

Notebooks:

I always go for the Five Star 3 subject notebooks because they are a good size. They are not too big like the 5 subject ones, but they are not too small like the 1 subject ones. I pick different colors for each subject and label them on the outside with a Sharpie {always be sure to label everything with your name on it in case it gets lost}. Go for ones with cute patterns or colors for added fabulousness to your school supplies. 

Backpack:

Obviously you're going to need something to carry all of your supplies in so opt for your favorite method: tote bag, backpack, keeping things in your locker? You pick! I like using a backpack because I find it easiest {and is nice to my shoulders}. The North Face ones are especially great because they do not inflate with air like the Adidas ones do {I made that mistake and had a super freshman looking backpack}. 

Hope this helped you with determining what you need for this upcoming school year!

I go back on Tuesday, August 20. Yippe! NOT! 

When do you go back?

xoxo, Katelyn


1 comment:

  1. I don't go back until September 3rd! I'll be thinking of you when I am enjoying those last few days by the beach...;)

    XOXO,
    Caroline
    vaisforlillylovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...